Doctor Gerard E Mullin recommends Smoked Salmon and Salad!
The Food MD, Gastroenterologist, Nutritionist, Author of Best Selling "Gut Balance Revolution"
This recipe is super easy in the Muurikka Electric Smoker. It's delicious, super healthy and also improves your gut micro biome and inner well being.
Smoked Salmon Salad Recipe
- ½ kilo fresh salmon fillet
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp chopped chive
- 2 tsp dried herbs such as Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp chilli powder OR 1/8 Cayenne Red Pepper
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups of salad greens such as mesclun, baby spinach or kale or romaine
- ½ head broccoli cut into florets (about 2 cups florets)
- ½ cup fresh goats cheese (roughly 2 ounces) or crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare your Electric Smoker. Add the wood chips, and then insert the salmon in the Electric Smoker and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk the oil, honey, chives, dried herbs, chilli powder, all cayenne pepper and black pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl place the greens, broccoli, salmon and cheese.
- Drizzle with the season and serve immediately.
- Article by Dr E Mullin
Muurikka Electric Smokers – just change the chips and taste the difference.