Smoked Bell Pepper Recipe
in the Muurikka Electric Smoker
- 5 red bell peppers
- 3 small onions
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 skinned garlic cloves
- a sprinkle of dried chili
- 2 potatoes
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 100 ml cream
- cheese salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 slices of malt loaf
How to Smoke in Your Electric Smoker:
- Slice the peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Peel and cut the onions into wedges. Sauté both in oil until soft and transfer them to the Muurikka Electric Smoker.
- Smoke the peppers for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from the Electric Smoker.
- Place vegetables back in the pot and add peeled and chopped potatoes, chili and garlic cloves.
- Add tomato puree and sauté for a moment. Pour vegetable stock in and simmer over a low temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Use a hand blender to blend the soup to a smooth consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Finish by adding the cream cheese and bringing the soup to a boil once more.
- Cut the malt loaf slices into cubes and toast them in a pan with oil until they are crispy.
- Serve with the soup.
With our Muurikka electric food smoker meals are ready in minutes without the fuss or fire. Enjoy!