Smoked Brats Recipe
Muurikka Electric Smoker
Direct grilling isn’t always the ideal way to cook bratwurst. Try Food Smoking / Roasting in our Electric Smoker imparts a delicious added smokey flavours all while locking in the juices.
Good news is that with our Smoker you will certainly eliminate the risk of fire.
- 4 – 6 Bratwurst sausages (or similar)
- ¾ cup wood chips
- 1 – 2 sugar cubes
- 2 tbsp water
- 6 potatoes ( peeled & chopped into small cubes )
- 2 eggs ( boiled & chopped )
- 1 ½ mid size gherkins (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (halved, seeds removed and then chopped )
- Salt & black pepper
- 150 ml mayonese
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 glove of garlic (chopped)
- Prepare the sauce by combining the mayonese, milk and lemon juice.
- Add the thyme and finely chopped garlic to the sauce.
- Mix the potatoes, eggs, gherkin, onion, tomatoes and season with salt & pepper.
- Turn on the smoker and line bottom wood chip tray with foil.
- Add ¾ cup woodchips on the lined chip tray and sprinle chips with 2 tbls water until generously soaked.
- Place 2 sugar cubes on top of the chips.
- Smooth mixture over the sausages and place in the smoker.
Smoke sausages for 15 – 20 mintues in the Muurikka Electric Smoker