Smoked Chicken with apple wood chips Recipe
How to Smoke Chicken in the Muurikka Electric Smoker
Smoked Chicken Ingredients
- 1.5 kg chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup oil
Smoking Applewood Chicken Directions
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Place the chicken breasts in the mixing bowl and marinade for 1 hour.
- Feel free to use a whole chicken instead of breasts (butterflied).
- Remove the chicken ensuring the chicken is evenly coated with the spices.
- Place the chicken in the Muurikka Electric Smoker roast for 20 minutes (without the wood chips).
- After this time, place the wood chips in the electric smoker and cook for a further 40 – 45 minutes (see note below).
- Once complete, remove the chicken from the smoker and serve with apple salad.
Note: Try soaking the wood chips in water for about 20 minutes before placing in the smoker – this will slow down the burning process. Apple wood chips were used for this recipe.
Muurikka Electric Smokers – just change the chips and taste the difference.