Smoked Sage Chicken and Peanut Sauce Recipe
in the Muurikka Electric Smoker
- 3 chicken breasts
- 10 leaves of sage
- 3 tbsp soy sauce juice of a lime
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- skewer sticks
- 1/2 cup Wood Chips
How to Smoke Chicken in the Muurikka Electric Smoker:
- Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise into three long sections. Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Attach the chicken sections to the skewer sticks and coat them in marinade for at least 15 minutes.
- Warm up the Muurikka Electric Smoker and add the wood chips to the tray.
- Add salt and pepper to the chicken to taste.
- Smoke the skewers in the smoker for approximately 20 minutes or until the meat is done.
- Add the sage leaves to the smoking tray with the wood chips before the smoking is complete.
- If you wish to add more colour or taste, it is also possible to grill the skewers for a moment after the smoking is complete.
Ingredients for Smoked Peanut Sauce:
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- half a red chili, seeds removed
- juice of a lemon
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 250 g peanut butter
- 200-3-- ml water
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
How To Make Smoked Peanut Sauce in the Electric Smoker:
- Peel and dice the garlic and onion. Chop the chili finely. Sauté in oil in a pan and then arrange on the bottom of a metal pan or sheet of foil.
- Place in the Electric Smoker and smoke spices for 10 minutes and cool.
- Blend the cumin and smoked onion mixture with the coconut milk.
- Add lemon juice and peanut butter. Mix until well blended and pour into a saucepan. Add water and simmer for five minutes until the sauce is the right consistency. Serve the skewers and sauce with a green salad and slices of melon, for example.