Lemon Smoked White Fish and Prawn Recipe
in the Muurikka Electric Smoker
- 1 kg large White Fish
- 500 g whole prawns
- 4 tbsp course sea salt
- 1 lemon
- 300 ml Muurikka wood chips
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 15 pitted olives
- 1 orange
- juice of a lemon
- 100 ml olive oil
- 10 leaves of basil
- salt and black pepper
Instructions for your Muurikka Electric Smoker:
- Clean the white fish with a knife and rinse them quickly under cold water. Dry with a paper towel and place them gently on the oiled smoking tray or in the Muurikka Electric Smoker.
- Smoke the vendace in the Electric Smoker or BBQ Smoking Pan for approximately 20 minutes or until the fins of the fish come off easily.
- Add the prawns to the Electric Smoker. Smoke the shrimp for 4 - 5 minutes longer.
- Grate the lemon peel into the sea salt (save the ice for the fennel cucumber salad).
- Place the fish on waxed paper and sprinkle the lemon salt over them generously.
- Allow the white fish to absorb the taste for 10 - 15 minutes and then remove them from the salt.
- Cut the fennel bulbs lengthwise and then cut them into very thin strips. Peel and cut the cucumber into cubes and dice the red onion finely.
- Grate the orange peel into a bowl, squeeze the orange and add the juice. Add the lemon juice as well. Chop the basil and add to the mixture.
- Mix the marinade well. Add the vegetables to the marinade and then add the olives. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place salad in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving so the flavours can blend. (The vegetables will give off a lot of moisture as they marinate, so you may wish to drain some of the liquid off before serving.)
With our Muurikka Electric Food Smoker meals are ready in minutes without the fuss or fire. Enjoy!