Smoked Mustard Glazed Pork Roast Recipe
by Muurikka Electric Smokers
Pork is high in protein and when it’s smoked in the Muurikka Electric Smoker you end up with a delicious bacon flavour.
You can smoked different types of pork cuts.
- 350ml Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp finely grated orange rind
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1.5 kg boneless pork top loin roast (tied – as your butcher to do this)
- ¾ teaspoon, cayenne pepper
- ½ tbsp. ground ginger
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Salt
- apple wood chips (recommended for Pork)
- Glaze: In a small bowl, combine the BBQ sauce, orange rind and juice, mustard, ginger, salt and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare your electric smoker.
- Turn your smoker on.
- Place the pork on the grill tray and then insert into the Muurikka Smoker (without the wood chips) and let it roast for roughly 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your apple wood chips (see note below).
Remove the pork from the smoker. Spread glaze evenly over the pork and return to the pork to the smoker.
- Insert the wood chip tray into the smoker.
- Smoke – cook for the remaining time which is approximately 30 – 35 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the electric smoker, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve with any side salad of your choice.
- Smoking / Cooking times may vary.
- Be sure to water the wood chips down so they don’t burn too quickly.
- Sprinkling brown sugar on top of the wood chips will not only caramelise the smoked meat but it will also add a nice golden colour to the smoked produce.
HOW TO USE YOUR MUURIKKA ELECTRIC SMOKER HERE