Hot Smoked Seafood Recipe
Muurikka Electric Smoker
After you’ve tasted smoked fish and seafood in the Muurikka Electric Smoker you will be well and truly hooked!
Our own experience at Muurikka Electric Smokers Australia started about 3 years ago, in Finland, when friends invited us over for a delicious hot smoked meal.
That's where our Electric Smoker journey, in Australia began.
This Smoked Seafood Recipe is easy to do it yourself in the Food Smoker.
- 1kg raw mixed seafood of your choice
For the salad:
- 3 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 dill pickle, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 green red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup vinaigrette of your choice and mustard.
To Smoke Seafood:
- Prepare your Electric Smoker by inserting the wood chips.
- Place mixed seafood on the grill tray and insert into the food smoker and smoke for app 25 minutes. Remove from the smoker.
- Allow the seafood to cool (see note below)
- Combine vegetables and add lemon, garlic, lemon juice, pepper and vinaigrette and toss through until just mixed.
- Place in the refrigerator and let chill for 20 minutes.
Note: You can either serve the smoked seafood separately to the salad, or, you can mix all the ingredients together.
Food Smoking is as simple as that!
We recommend Hickory wood chips for this recipe.