SMOKED VEGETABLES AND CHEESE RECIPE
in the Muurikka Electric Smoker
Most of us in Australia are accustomed to the good old Aussie BBQ, however, at Muurikka we also consider food smoking to be the ultimate means of preparation.
Not only is using an electric smoker quick and easy, but, it also creates and imparts a completely different smokey flavoured taste.
This Recipe is perfect for vegetarians looking for new and easy ideas.
It's quick and easy in our Electric Smoker.
- 1 aubergine/eggplant
- 8 small carrots
- 1 courgette/zucchini
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 halloumi cheese
- 200 ml Muurikka wood chips
- Slice the aubergine and salt lightly. Once the moisture is drawn out, dry the slices with a paper towel. Peel the carrots and slice them lengthwise. Cut the courgette and bell peppers into large pieces.
- Place all of the cut vegetables in a big bowl, drizzle olive oil over the top and add the chopped thyme and garlic.
- Mix well. Roast the vegetables in the electric smoker without the wood chips for approximately 20 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Add the whole cherry tomatoes and sliced halloumi cheese to the top of the vegetables. Now add the smoking tray with the wood chips and smoke the vegetables and cheese for 10 to 15 minutes.
With our Muurikka Electric Food Smoker meals are ready in minutes without the fuss or fire. Enjoy!