HOW TO USE THE
MUURIKKA ELECTRIC SMOKER
Quick and handy TIPS on how to use your Electric Smoker:
- Cover both the dripping tray and chip tray with aluminium foil before smoking to substantially reduce any cleaning required.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar in the middle of the wood chips to give fish an attractive golden colour. Roughly 3/4 cup of wood chips is enough for one session
- Sprinkle 3-5 tbls water on top of the wood chips to avoid the chips charing too quickly and place the chip tray in the Electric Smoker.
- Note: You can also soak your wood chips before hand and even add some herbs on top.
- Place your produce on the food grill, which sits directly on top of the dripping tray and insert into the Muurikka Electric Smoker.
- Ensure the lid of the Muurikka Electric Smoker is secured and properly closed when smoking. After a few minutes you may choose to open the lid and let some smoke out of the smoker. Replace the lid after a few seconds. This helps to reduce the pressure inside the Electric Smoker and gives the produce a slightly less smokey flavour.
For Meat Smoking we recommend:
- Soaking your wood chips for 1/2 hour before placing in the Muurikka Electric Smoker.
- When you smoke meat you should first let the Electric Smoker work as an oven for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- This means that you should add larger pieces of meat into the electric smoker (without the wood chips) and roast for 20 minutes.
- After this time, add the wood chips and continue smoking for the remaining recommended cooking time.
MOST IMPORTANTLY READ THE USER INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING YOUR MUURIKKA ELECTRIC SMOKER HERE