HOW TO SMOKE FISH
MUURIKKA ELECTRIC SMOKER
FOR EASY SMOKED FISH
- Salt and season or marinate fresh, cleaned fish or fish fillets before smoking. You can also salt the fish after smoking, while they are still hot. If you use frozen fish, defrost the fish in a cool place and salt them before smoking
- Sprinkle a thin layer of clean, coarse alder or oak chips suitable for smoking on the wood chip plate. Place the chip plate in the electric smoker and let it rest on the supports above the resistor (do not place the chip plate directly on the resistor).
- You can add more chips in the food smoker or moisten the chips, if they char too fast.
- Arrange the fish in one layer on the gratings and push the gratings into the Electric Smoker over the drip plate. Put the cover on. and plug it in. We recommend the use of fault current protected socket. The smoking time depends on the amount and sizes of the fish. Small fish need 20 minutes and larger fish 35 – 50 minutes to get smoked. Fish is ready when the bones and the skin come off easily.
- Remove the cord from the plug and take the fish out of the Electric Smoker. Wash the drip plate and the gratings as soon as possible after use. This way the steel parts will be as good as new for a long time. For cleaning the Electric Smoker, the resistor can be removed by loosening the fixing screw at the lower edge of the opening. After cleaning, put the resistor with the support frame back in place and tighten the screw. Store the Electric Smoker with the legs downwards.
It is worth opening the cover of the Electric Smoker a little at the beginning of smoking to let the very black smokes out. Then the fish/meat tastes better and no pressure can develop inside the Electric Smoker.
Muurikka Electric Smokers Australia
Muurikka Electric Smokers FAQ's HERE